Membership Terms and Conditions
Except where expressly agreed otherwise by us in writing, every member of the club shall be subject to these terms and conditions. Tennis Tournaments Limited and The Ascotian All Court Tennis Club (together the “Club”) reserves the right to use discretion in all matters relating to membership.
- Membership is continuous until revoked in writing by the Club. New members have a fifteen-day period in which to revoke membership and receive a refund but if s/he should have played during that 15 day period then s/he will be responsible for the payment of all event fees at normal full rate.
- There shall be no subscription fees for the period of 2019 up to 31 March 2021. Members will be notified by email of any changes to subscription fees; the website will detail other changes. Invoices are sent out in February for the new year by email and the Club cannot be held responsible for email receipt errors. The website will issue the next years subscription costs at least 50 days ahead of them being due.
- The membership year begins on April 1 and subscriptions are paid annually in advance. A member joins each year for a minimum period of one year unless s/he joins part way through a year in which case the member is responsible for his/her subscription up to the end of the standard yearly period. A member should write or email to inform us that s/he no longer wishes to continue her/his membership. A member is responsible for his fees up to March 31st each year.
- Members wishing to pay by installments must do so by direct debit. Bank information must be supplied at the time of commencement of membership. All Direct Debits must be paid on either 1st or 15th day of each month. Paying by installments you are agreeing to a membership up to March 31st. A member should write or email to inform us if he/she does not wish to renew her/his membership otherwise we will automatically continue with the Direct Debit payment for the following year.
- Cancellation policy: In the event, a Member or the Club cancels a membership for any reason outside of our terms and conditions, the Member is relegated to potential applicant status and loses any loyalty status he may have accrued. A former member wishing to re-join must first pay any fees outstanding. Any former member that has not complied with this may not be signed in at guest rate, and s/he is not allowed to play in any event, tournament or competition or in Open Week.
- All members are responsible for their guests.
- Members joining mid-year will pay pro-rata to the nearest month.
- Terms and conditions of membership may be revised from time to time and members should be aware of the terms and conditions posted on the website.
- Subscription payments not received within one month of becoming due will result in an administration fee of £30. Should the membership not be paid up it will be considered cancelled and all services may be suspended.
- No refund will be made on resignation for subscription or individual event payments received.
- Rates are not inclusive of if any, VAT, EGU, LGU or county levies.
- The courts or practice areas may be closed for extreme weather conditions or for competitions and for booked play outside of members times.
- All members agree to abide by the clubs code of conduct. This code includes taking care not to publish any information on any social media platform which is hearsay, non-factual or their opinion which may discredit the Club any member of the Club or any member of staff of the Club. Any member infringing clause 13 may be disciplined which may include being expelled or not invited to re-join the Club.
- The member shall use the facilities and services procured by the Club in a reasonable manner and shall indemnify the Club against any costs, loss or liability incurred by the Club including liability arising from injury to person, premises, and the property of, or death of any person lawfully on such procured premises or using such services as a result of the failure of the member to employ reasonable care in the uses of such procured premises.
- The Club shall not be liable for loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of use, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses and the Club’s total liability under these terms and conditions for each event or tournament shall, to the extent permitted by law, be limited to the membership subscription price or the entry price to the event or tournament, whichever is the lesser.
- The Club shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the property of the member and/or any of her/his invitees unless this is due to the Club’s negligence. The member is advised to procure adequate insurance for these.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel any bookings and/or offer alternative facilities (as appropriate and at the Club’s discretion) without liability to the member if:
a) The Club discovers that the booking might in the opinion of the Club prejudice the good reputation of the Club.
b) The member is in or has been in arrears in respect of any previous payments due from the member to the Club.
c) If snow, excessive rain, fog, lightning, or adverse weather conditions prevent the playing of tennis. In this event, all other facilities and services booked by the member or the Club for the benefit of the member will continue to be in effect if these functions can safely be conducted at the procured premises.
- In the event that the Club cancels a booking under this Clause 17, the Club will decide in its absolute discretion whether to return any deposits or part thereof (for example purposes only: the tennis court hire with respect to (c) but not the other amounts relating to other activities) that it was holding for cancelling the booking for (a) to (c) but subject to deductions for any amounts that the Client owed if it was (b).
- If the event or tournament attended by the member is booked by an agent acting on behalf of a principal whether disclosed or otherwise, the agent and the principal shall be jointly, and severally liable to the Club.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions seeks to limit or exclude the liability of the Club for death or personal injury resulting from the Company’s gross negligence.
- No failure or delay by either party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. Any such waiver must be given in writing to be effective.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected.
- No person other than a party to this agreement shall have any rights to enforce any term of this agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction.